September 20, 2021
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year and we are off to a great start!
The Board of Education, the building principals, staff and I continue to look forward to a much more “normal” educational experience for students and employees during the 2021-2022 school year. We are monitoring the virus daily and want to continue to stress the following:
- Students and employees will not be required to wear facial coverings (masks), but are strongly encouraged and recommended.
- Students and employees will not be required to get a COVID-19 vaccination to attend school, participate in athletics or extra-curricular activities or work within the district buildings. The decision regarding vaccinations is a personal choice by parents/students and employees.
- Social-distancing will continue to be encouraged in classrooms and common spaces.
- Sanitizing and cleaning will be maintained as a priority, and hand-sanitizing stations will be maintained in common areas.
- Hand-washing protocols for students and employees will be maintained.
- Students or employees who are sick should stay home. If fever is a symptom, an individual should be fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication before returning to school. If symptoms present themselves while a student or employee is at school, the individual will report to the nurse’s clinic where symptoms will be assessed.
- Per the Ohio Department of Health Director’s Order, notifications of any positive COVID-19 cases will be made available on the district’s website www.vwcs.net.
If necessary, the protocols stated in the bulleted points above will continue to be revisited to ensure the health and safety of our students and employees. Thank you, parents, for your understanding and continued support. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at M_Bagley@vwcs.net or 419-238-0648.